Scottish Development International
Scottish Development International (SDI) is the international arm of Scotland’s enterprise agencies with a proven track record of helping companies succeed in business in Scotland.
We can offer significant financial incentives and other assistance to help establish and grow your business in Scotland and worldwide. With a network of 31 overseas offices in 19 countries across the globe, our role is to assist Scottish companies to access new international markets, attract new investment projects, and support existing inward investments in Scotland.
SDI can offer assistance in the following areas:
- Identify and secure the skills and talent you need
- Train and develop staff
- Finance capital investment, innovation and research & development
- Improve manufacturing and energy efficiency
- Develop leadership skills
Mrs Emily LekkasInternational Senior Executive
Mrs Katharina KraehahnSenior Business Development Executive
Seda Pharmaceutical Development Services Ltd
Exhibiting at booth 83/84
The integrated Pharmaceutical Development and Clinical Pharmacology Service that maximises value build.
By choosing Seda you can rest assured you are in safe hands. Our team have delivered high quality products, processes and regulatory submissions leading to the approval and launch of several successful medicines. We have practiced across therapeutic areas and have extensive experience in the development of Oncology drugs, including those with ‘breakthrough’ status.
Seda are pioneers of novel approaches to accelerate projects that can save you money and create better value. Our team of experts have deep scientific experience across a broad range of disciplines and stages of development, from discovery to launch.
Strategy > Design > Data > Interpretation > Execution
- Physicochemical characterisation and preformulation studies
- Solid form selection including polymorphs, salts and co-crystals
- Preclinical safety study formulation development for challenging molecules
- First-time-in-clinic and later phase / commercial formulation development
- Enabling formulations and specialist drug delivery technology selection
- Preclinical DMPK
- Absorption and PK-PD Modeling
- GMP Audits
- Quality Systems (GMP supply aspects) for Clinical Study Sponsors
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics
- Due diligence, competitor analysis and technology opportunity assessments
- Scientific leadership: academic - industry collaborations; training and mentoring; scientific advisory boards
Routes of administration and technology areas we cover:
- Immediate release
- Modified release
- Oral poorly solubles
- Poorly soluble IV
Dr Paul DickinsonDirector
Dr Marcel de MatasDirector
Selcia Ltd is a leading provider of contract research services in drug discovery and 14C radiolabelling.
Selcia Drug Discovery focusses on integrated small molecule drug discovery, with a strong track record of IP generation and preclinical candidate delivery for customers – 25 patents and 11 preclinical candidates generated. USPs are the medicinal chemistry of macrocycles, and a peptidyl prolyl isomerase (PPIase) screening platform.
Selcia radiolabelling specialises in 14C GMP radiolabelling, producing 14C radiolabelled compounds for a global customer base encompassing both the life sciences and chemical industries. Applications of the radiolabelled products prepared by Selcia include: preclinical and clinical drug metabolism studies; mass balance, IV microdosing, dermal penetration, regulatory and environmental fate studies.
Selcia also offers GLP NMR and mass spectrometry services to support regulatory submissions, and specialised purification capabilities from analytical (µg) to multi-100g scale.
Areas of Expertise:
• Medicinal chemistry: Tool compounds; peptides; macrocycles; natural product chemistry
• Biology: Assay development
• Disease expertise: Anti-infectives; inflammation; CNS; pain; metabolic; oncology & ophthalmology
• Target classes: GPCRs; ion channels; enzymes; protein-protein interactions
• 14C Custom Radiosynthesis
• GMP 14C Radiolabelled API for Clinical Trials
• GLP/GMP Analytics – GLP NMR
• Metabolites and Impurities (Profiling and Synthesis), standards and stable labelled compounds
Syne qua non
Exhibiting at booth 89a
Syne qua non Limited (SQN) is one of the world’s recognised specialist clinical biometrics CROs supporting global pharma, biotech, medical device and animal health partners with innovative clinical development services. SQN was previously honoured with a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2009, in the international trade category in recognition of our business growth and export performance. We are extremely proud to have won the 2017 Queen’s Award for Innovation for Syne-clin, our innovative EDC and Trial Management system.
Utilising standard validated library elements to build each study system, Syne-clin delivers significant time and cost savings and shortens the drug development cycle, accelerating the process of getting new medical treatments to market. Incorporating mobile, tablet and smartphone device data collection, Syne-clin allows real-time collection of patient clinical outcomes utilising electronic diary and questionnaire functionality.
Our technology and innovation project has also allowed SQN to successfully compete internationally and win clinical research projects from overseas competition thus supporting and enhancing the reputation of the UK as a centre of excellence for pharmaceutical and healthcare research. This trend continues as the rapid and ongoing development of mobile and wearable devices creates opportunities to collect patient data in ways previously not possible. Our technology incorporates these developments and allows enhanced functionality and added value, this will allow us to continue to increase market share and generate new business opportunities.
For a demo of the system come and see us at Stand 89A
Mr Tony ReesDirector
Mrs Karen GroverDirector
SYNthesis med chem
SYNthesis med chem is a chemistry-focussed contract research organisation that carries out custom synthesis, medicinal chemistry and integrated drug discovery projects for biotech & pharma companies and research institutes. In addition to providing chemistry services, SYNthesis also establishes shared risk collaborations with partners, the goal being to identify, develop and partner small molecule drugs.